Six Sigma is a management strategy that uses statistical tools and project work to achieve breakthrough profitability and substantial quality gains. In addition, it is a highly disciplined process that focuses on developing and delivering near-perfect products and services consistently. Thus, it becomes a business improvement approach that seeks to find and eliminate causes of errors and defects in processes by focusing on outputs that are of crucial importance to customers.
A certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt professional is the expert who prepares and trains others and at the same time demonstrates mastery of their craft. They are individuals who have studied and demonstrated skills in implementing the principles, practices, and techniques of six sigma for maximum cost reduction and profit improvement.
Explain the principles and philosophy of Six Sigma, including the support systems and tools necessary for the implementation of continuous improvement projects in the company and prepare those interested in taking the CSSBB exam of the American Society for Quality.
This course is designed for people from various functions/operations of the organization, such as quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering and others. Participants are typically process owners or leaders and are well versed in the technical aspects of their work and have worked in project teams.
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEPLOYMENT:
A.Organizational Vision B.Leadership
- METRICS AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT:
A.Stakeholder Impact B.Critical Requirements for X C.Benchmarking D.Team Performance Metrics E.Financial Metrics
- MANAGEMENT OF WORK TEAMS:
A.Team building B.Team facilitation C.Team Dynamics D.Time management in teams E.Team Decision Making Tools F.Management and planning tools G.Performance evaluation and rewarding
A.Voice of the Client B.Project Charter C.Project Tracking
A.Process Characterization B.Data Collection C.Measurement Systems D.Basic Statistics E.Probability F.Process Capability Analysis
A.Measuring and modeling relationships between variables. B.Hypothesis testing C.Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) D.Additional methods of analysis
A.Design of Experiments B.Waste Elimination (MUDA) C.Cycle time reduction D.Kaizen and Kaizen blitz E.Theory of Constraints F.Implementation G.Risk analysis and mitigation
A.Statistical Process Control B.Other Control Tools C.Control Maintenance D.Maintenance of Improvements
- DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA (DFSS):
A.DFSS Methodologies B.Design for X (DFX) C.Robust Process Design D.Special design tools
- Required Experience: A Black Belt must complete 2 full improvement projects if no work experience in the Six Sigma body of knowledge or 1 improvement project and have 3 years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma body of knowledge to take the exam. Work experience must be in full-time, paid positions. Internships, externships or course projects do not apply.
- Six Sigma Body of Knowledge (https://asq.org/cert/six-sigma-black-belt)
- Basic knowledge: Students should be familiar with basic statistical tools: measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, graphical methods, regression and correlation analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical process control.
- Certification Exam: Each candidate is required to pass a written exam consisting of multiple choice questions that measures understanding of the body of knowledge. The exam is 150 questions, 4 hours, offered twice a year (first Saturday in March and October of each year). Registration for the exam is at the expense of each participant directly with ASQ and is at an additional cost (http://asq.org/cert/six-sigma/index). The exam can be taken in English or Spanish. Class material is in English.
- Recertification: The validity of the certification is for 3 years. After this period, recertification must be applied. There are two methods: A- Obtain a minimum of 18 recertifiable units (RU's) during the 3-year certification period (http://asq.org/cert/recertification/rucredits/index). B- Retake the exam again.
This course awards 8.00 recertifiable units (RU's) applicable for ASQ CQE and CMQ/OE recertification.
BLOG ON SIGMA LEVELS
This blog is a quick guide to help HR departments choose the right belt certification for the right professional.